Slika družine

Answers to FAQs

What are the official working hours for providing information on pension remittances?

We are available to answer your queries regarding pension remittances every working day, as follows:


  • Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8 am to 3 pm;
  • Wednesday 8 am to 5 pm;
  • Friday 8 am to 1 pm.


by telephone:

+ 386 1 4745 100


or via the contact centre:

Information on encumbrances on benefits paid to you by ZPIZ

+ 386 1 4745 901


Other information about ZPIZ remittances

+ 386 1 4745 902


You can also obtain information in person from the Pension and Disability Insurance Institute of Slovenia during official working hours:


  • Monday 8 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 3 pm;
  • Wednesday 8 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 5 pm;
  • Friday 8 am to 1 pm.


I have received a pension decision and would like to know when I can expect to receive my money.

As a rule, ZPIZ makes the first remittance of pension and disability benefits within one month of receipt of the decision at the Pension Remittance Department, provided the department has details of the bank account and the recipient’s tax identification number. If it does not have these details, payment is withheld until they are obtained.


How to access details of remittances using ZPIZ electronic services

The ‘Remittances’ service is accessible online, as it is integrated into the eZPIZ system of electronic services, which ZPIZ offers its users via an online portal. For security reasons, a qualified digital certificate is required by users of eZPIZ services. The procedure for registering and using the service is described on the Moj eZPIZ page of the ZPIZ portal. Remittances for previous periods may be viewed via the online portal.


I receive a survivor’s pension and would like to know when I need to submit a school certificate.

For pupils or students who are studying in the territory of Slovenia and are in receipt of a survivor’s pension, an electronic exchange of information on current pupil/student statuses has been set up with the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport, which means that those recipients do not have to produce a school certificate.


Pupils or students studying outside Slovenia must submit a school certificate, which must be original, be furnished with the recipient number and be sent immediately, at the start of the academic year, to: Pension and Disability Insurance Institute of Slovenia, Pension Remittance Department, Kolodvorska 15, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.


If the school certificate sent has limited validity (for example, for the winter semester), a new one must be delivered within ten days of the expiry of the previous certificate in order to avoid an interruption of payment (e.g. at the start of the new semester, i.e. by 10 April).


When can my pension be paid abroad?

Pension payments abroad are dependent on permanent residence abroad. This does not apply to payments made within the European Union.


If a resident of Slovenia wishes their pension be paid into a current account in another Member State, they must register this account with the competent financial office in Slovenia, which they can do using the DR-02 form.


On what basis was a deduction made and how is the amount calculated?

Pension and disability benefits may be encumbered under the Enforcement and Securing of Civil Claims Act or the Tax Procedure Act, with a deduction made as a result of an order of enforcement (e.g. a judicial enforcement decision, a tax enforcement decision on a debtor’s cash benefits, an administrative ban on payments).



Pension and Disability Insurance Institute of Slovenia, Kolodvorska 15, Ljubljana
General conditions of use Data protection
Created by: MMstudio